Saturday, October 24, 2009

Meet Jinx...

Greetings and Salutations, fellow wizards! I believe it's time you met Jinx...


Jinx is my very own, one of a kind, minion! When I was but a wee little wizard boy learning how to summon dark sprites I came across a very evil and malicious warlock who has disguised himself as a raven in order to further his schemes... I had nowhere to run, I could barely summon a dark sprite, and I was young... I turned away and waved my wand at him viciously and desperately and in the flash of an instant I had made a Wraith appear before me... He attacked Jinx and defeated him, trapping him in his raven form and forcing him to work for me... I questioned him and asked him who he was.... He said, "Dear Child, I am Gizmo..." I wanted to know so much more about my savior but he turned around and opened a gateway... Before he left he said, "Do not fret dear Chase, for our paths will meet again. When you can defeat the mightiest of enemies and the most cunning of villains, I will be there by your side..." And with those words of inspiration he disappeared as quickly as he appeared...


Now as for Jinx, he was knocked out on the ground with his magic severely limited and really no way to fight me or take over the world for the time being... Rest assured, I am more than capable of defeating him with Gizmo by my side should he ever find a way to revert to his original form...


Jinx will now be taking a part in this blog family! From now on Jinx will be answering the many questions I keep getting. Jinx is very wise, evil mind you, but wise... If he can't answer the question you ask him, I highly doubt anybody else can... Except for KingsIsle of course but that's another story... Anyways, without further ado, here's Jinx!

Ask Jinx!




Hello Mortals... It is I, grandmaster of the Clemexia realm, instiller of fear, sovereign of all evil, Jinx... As the blundering fool who has his hold over me for the time being has said I am a dark and powerful Warlock beneath this most preposterous disguise... Unfortunately, when I was reverting back into my human form, Chase's soul partner came out and helped him in his time of need... The attack shattered my concentration and the link between my human form and this pitiful bird was lost... I swear, that I shall achieve revenge one day... I shall!


Get to the questions, Jinx!


Hmph, very well... This child has forced me to assist him in his duties by responding to all your pitiful e-mails...   The sooner we get this over, the sooner I may commence dusting the books...


Katie from New York Asks...


"The problem is my quest helper turned off all of a sudden and I have like no idea how to turn it on. Can you help me plz?"


Silly mortal! I laugh at thy pitiful question for it is no problem for a great and powerful warlock, such as I, to answer!


Jinx!


Right... Anyways, the answer to your question is quite simple. Open your spellbook however it is you do or simply press (Esc) and go to your options menu. At the top should be a lot of buttons with pictures on them. Click on the one with a joystick picture with should say "Game Options" Once there you should see that your Quest Helper is most likely in the off position. Simply switch it back to the on position and close your book. Now wasn't that easy?


Marvin from California Asks...


"I don't get something, are we supposed to finish Grizzleheim first or go on with the real storyline? I'm trying to decide what to do."


Well Marvin, the answer to your question is that it depends entirely on you. Grizzleheim is a parallel world to the game, meaning that as you level up in the main storyline more quests are unlocked in Grizzleheim. I suppose the true answer to your question would be to do both... When you reach the milestone for a new part of Grizzleheim I wouldn't hesitate to do it as you may obtain some very useful clothing that could help you even further in the storyline. If I were you however I would travel to Clemexia where my loyal guards have something special in store...


And finally...


David from California Asks...


"Ugh! I keep trying but I can't get Mallistaire robes! What the heck am I doing wrong?!"


That's not a very good question mortal... That's more of a rage or flame... However since it does have a question mark in it I'll answer it... You should keep trying, Mallistaire robes are a tricky thing, like the rest of the game getting the thing you want as a drop is very chancy at most. Some people get their Mallistaire robes the first time around, where as other people get it on their 50th time... It all depends... There is however a new feature... You can now pay a few coins for a second chance at any boss chest's rewards... However as that other blumbering oaf The Friendly Necromancer said, this gets really expensive... If you're not getting it by the time you hit 500 crowns then you need to just redo the instance and try the old fashioned way...


Now I've wasted enough time here... I have to go dust the books now... Sigh, I hate my life...


Alright then?...


Thanks to all the people who sent in questions, if your question didn't get answered here don't fret, I'll make Jinx answer them next time around... Thank you for joining us on our first ever "Ask Jinx!" edition! Be sure to send in your e-mails to Spidercliff@live.com and I'll pick them up and forward them to Jinx!


Catch ya in the Spiral, and Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment