Friday, October 2, 2009

The Rebirth! No Not the Card...

Greetings and Salutations, my fellow paladins and necromancers, cryomancers and pyromancers, and all alike! There's a reason we love games like Wizard 101... Just when they're dying and it seems tedious to play, they rise up out of the ashes reborn with new content, [Fire Wizard reference ;)], and this is no different. Not only have we been graced with a beautiful birthday party but it's October! The month of spooks and creepy sounds... The month when the breeze from the windows follows you into your shirt and sends a cold slithering chill down you spine that makes you long for safety and a welcoming hug... But there's no hugs in horror movies, are there?...

ANYWAYS, as I mentioned is October, time for Hallow's Eve, better known to America and probably most of the world >_> as Halloween, OR better known to Wizards as Hallow e'en which I still don't understand but I've seen it many times before, donc I won't dispute it! So what's up in Wizard 101? Well the creepy Scarecrow brothers are in town as well as Spooky Bob. Spooky Bob is the mate in the Shopping District who is selling all sorts of wonder goodies for young wizards, including a most spectacular costume that makes you looks like The Cryptkeeper X_x... He's also got a wide arrangement of Jack O'Lantern masks from happy, to sad, to angry, to pirate! A few staves here and there and you've got it... But you should go check that out yourself, it's VERY laggy there so I do warn you... After all, what can be scarier than the most horrible, spine tingling, and bone crushing thing of all? LAG! Ehem... Back on topic...

The Spooky Brothers, I call them that, are a bunch of Scarecrows that have recently arrived in Wizard City. They're in town teaching Wizards of all kinds to celebrate the spirit of Hallow's Eve! If you want a good job to fit in with your costume... All of those high leveled Wizard out there can put on your Ghostbuster badge and start hunting down ghosts from the quests Jack Hallow in the commons gives you. Hungry for something good to eat? Well how about finding the Tubs of Apples and bobbing for some fruit, or trick or treating all around Wizard City with Jack O'Lanterns a plenty. Tis all here in Hallow's Eve!

Now for my main point... Most games, have a VERY difficult time with this subject, most choose to avoid it... But not Wizard 101, oh no, not where the magic lies! Wizard 101 has decided to directly approach the subject of MOUNTS! That's right, you're not deaf/blind/delirious! Wizard 101 has taken on the challenge of creating objects that Wizards can ride around their journeys into the spiral. From what I hear mounts might actually make us faster. Here's the official quote:

Announcing Mounts

The next major new content being developed for Wizard101 is a series of Wizard Mounts that provide a fun, fast, and stylish way of getting around. Many different types of Wizard Mounts will be available with more to come in the future. Initially, four will be introduced: Brooms, Horses, Cats, and Dragons!

Wow? I mean what does one say to this but wow? I don't think I've every participated in a game that has mounts. From YouTube videos I can tell that WoW has mounts but, I've never played the full game! Anyways, this is great news, I'm sure we'll have a ton of glitches but that's the same for every game... I can't wait for this release! BUT I don't MIND waiting... A release done good once is better than one done bad twice, n'est pas?

Well that's about all I have to say on the subject of Hallow's Eve (for now...) But I've gotta go back to working on Grizzleheim I'll write a few things more in a few more posts, mainly about me finishing Grizzleheim, since I'm about halfway through Ravenscar now and about my theory on whether Grizzleheim clothing beats Mallistaire clothing, mainly in looks and accessibility, by that I mean how hard or easy the robes are to get. And by looks I mean, I don't like the Death Robe for Mallistaire, I like the look of the Reaper's Raiment for I stick to that for now... Nothing more to say, only my soul can talk to your souls, maybe you know it's talking to your now maybe you don't... Happy Hauntings mates... Meheheheheh...

No comments:

Post a Comment